What SIP Trunking Really is?
SIP Trunking or Session Initiation Protocol Trunking is a network of lines and switches that is required to place long-distance phone calls. SIP Trunking providers use virtual traditional business phone lines that are connected to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), utilizing your internet connection. It also carries data like audio, video and instant messaging. If you are wondering what “trunking” is, it is a shared communication path for common telephone users. A SIP trunk replaces the physical lines and circuits with virtual connections over the already existing IP networks.
With the invention of IP phone systems for business (VoIP) and PBX, voice communications are no longer restricted to traditional circuits and landline phones. Because SIP uses the internet, you won’t need a phone line.
Remember These Points Before Choosing SIP Trunking Providers
It is of utmost importance to choose the right SIP Trunking provider once you know you are going to use it as a means of connectivity for your business. The points mentioned below will guide you in going for the right SIP provider.
Make sure the SIP providers host and run the networks directly and there are no middlemen.
Make sure your data is safe. Opt for a SIP Trunking provider that guarantees anti-fraud encryption.
See to it that the provider has an option of porting numbers. You may require this if you ever plan to change your business location. There might be limitations in different regions but most providers have figured out a solution.
Better technical support and 24×7 customer care always win the trust of the customers.
Be careful in choosing the best-priced SIP Trunking. Remember that the best may not always be expensive and the cheapest may not always be bad.
Many hosted PBX providers offer top-class SIP Trunking services. Let us have a look at the top 5 SIP Trunking providers.
1. Angel PBX – If you have an IP phone system for your business, you require Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking for VoIP calling and messaging services. Angel PBX ensures a better network and 24×7 helpline facility. In case of any emergency, the customer will be able to call at any time for help.
2. Twilio – This service provider offers global connectivity for VoIP infrastructure. It also provides flexible pricing for SIP Trunking connectivity. Twilio has its presence in 100+ countries making it on the list of the top five SIP trunking providers.
3. Vonage – Vonage SIP Trunking is designed in such a way that it easily connects the existing PBX (private branch exchange) to the outside world in minutes. You pay only for what or how much you use. Therefore, there are no hidden costs.
4. 8×8 – Recommended by IT professionals, 8×8 has been voted as the number one SIP trunking service provider. Call termination or voice termination can happen from any part of the world. With top-notch performance and 24×7 customer service, 8×8 saves you up to 30% on your bill. With the help and usage of 8×8 SIP technology, your migration to the cloud becomes easy and simplified.
5. Nextiva – Move your private branch exchange (PBX) to a cloud system with the help of VoIP. This provider will help in connecting any company’s PBX with a Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) without including any device like the traditional phones. Save up to 70% on your bills in spite of unlimited calling.
SIP Trunking comes with its own advantages. It is flexible allowing you to add or subtract phone lines as and when you want to; lower maintenance costs; have the same business phone number wherever you go; call from any part of the country or receive calls from any part of the country. These mentioned advantages give SIP an upper hand. Choose any of the SIP Trunking providers for better business communications.