A softphone is a special software that helps users to make and receive calls via internet connection rather than the traditional Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). When you use a softphone, you can operate your calling services on both your pc/laptop or smartphone. With a softphone you get the options of a desk phone along with added features. This softphone software is typically provided by the company providing you the VoIP services.
Given below are some of the benefits that you get when using a softphone software:
- You can carry your business phone anywhere you go: this feature of a softphone can help employees who are working from home as well as those who are involved in regular travel for business.
- Allows you to keep your personal phone numbers private: you can successfully keep your personal list private since the smartphone software service is provided over the internet where you can use cloud features.
- Allow you to host voice and video conferences with ease: you can use your softphone software to host conferences with your teammates or employees and get guaranteed call quality from every end.
- Gives you the benefit of enjoying a number of user-friendly features: using a softphone software on your VoIP calling service can improve your calling experience. It gives you options of visual voice calls. The software sends you notifications for all your incoming calls. Hence if you miss any, you will be reminded. It also gives you the option of easy file transfer with its drag-and-drop facilities.
- Helps you to maintain a cleaner office space: when you use a softphone software for your business, you can maintain a better workspace for your employees. It removes a number of pointless hassle that you may otherwise have to face with your regular telephonic connections.